Friday, May 9, 2008

Good friend











My good friend Sue and I went to the Celebration of Needlework last weekend in Nashua, NH. It was so much fun. I spent 1/2 my money in the first 2 booths...I went crazy. I got all this stuff; pretty good, huh? I have already started The Mermaid and The Sea by Examplars from the Heart and am also working on another new one, Silver Medieval Sampler by Dessins DHC, I think tha it the name of them. I will post those soon. I have finished and framed St. Germain and will post that soon too. It's nice to be back into stitching again...I haven't quilted for weeks. If I could just balance them out, that would be very cool.

It was my birthday wednesday and Sue gave me such wonderful gifts. First, she made this wonderful stand up cube of LittleHouse Needleworks "Schoolgirl Lessons". She did an awesome job and I love it! No one has ever stitched anything for me before and this is very special. Plus, she gave me this great box to put lots of stuff in that says Live, Laugh, Love on the lid. And inside...was a cute halloween fabric frame for something stitched from my favorite holiday. (I bought something for it at CoN too) And there were beautiful pieces of hand dyed fabrics and threads and OMG, some lindt chocolates. I'm glad I ate those before I started South Beach this past Monday. :) And there were also some fat quarters so I can finish my own cubes and use them for quilting. Very awesome. Here is a picture of the cube and where I put it on my desk in the living room.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Cool gift from your friend. She must think a lot of your friendship to make something so pretty. Nice haul from Celebration of Needleworks. I'm anxious to see your Mermaid piece ;)

stitcherw said...

What a fun time, and what wonderful new stash. Your birthday gift from Sue was lovely too, Schoolgirl lessons looks great made into the cube, and the other goodies sound wonderful as well. Happy Belated Birthday,
Sue

Rob said...

I am looking forward to seeing The Mermaid and The Sea. I love nautical designs!